Our first outing in our Interfaith Series is a visit to the Mandir Hindu Temple in Lilburn. We’ll enjoy a tour of this magnificent building, a movie about its construction (it was first built in India, disassembled and rebuilt here), and a meal of Indian food in a nearby cafe.
What to expect and required attire:
- There is no charge for a tour however we are requested to bring a canned vegetarian food item that will be donated to the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- On arrival please ask for parking directions at the security cabin. We will meet in front of the Gift Shop. Look for the sign that says One World Spiritual Center.
- We are asked to dress appropriately and NOT wear shorts, skirts or sleeveless tops.There are steps that you will need to be able to climb and we will be taking our shoes off to go into the temple so be prepared.
- For safety sake please use the handrails where ever they are available.
- No pictures are allowed inside the temple but there is plenty to photograph from the outside. We want to take a group picture when we get there.
- Afterwards we will go a nearby cafe that serves Indian food. Don’t miss this wonderful trip as we explore the rich diversity of faiths that we have here in Atlanta.
Visiting this beautiful template is like visiting India without ever leaving Atlanta. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Rev. Sydney at 678-777-6825.
Take I-85 North
Take exit 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd.)
Take a right turn onto Jimmy Carter Blvd. and go straight for 2 miles.
Turn left onto Rockbridge Rd.
Go 1.5 miles and the temple will be on the left.